Home > Professionals > Partners
Korean / English
- Patent/Trade Secret Protection
- Filing/Prosecution/Trial/Litigation/Expert Opinion/Consulting
- Yonsei University, BS in Biology (1992)
- Admitted to Patent Bar (2007)
- KPAA (Korean Patent Attorneys Association)
- Seo-young Lee is a partner in the Chemical/Bio/Pharm Group at NAM & NAM. Her main areas of technological expertise are chemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Ms. Lee was admitted to the Korean patent bar in 2007 and her practice has been covering a wide range of intellectual property matters, including patent prosecution and appeal proceedings before the Korean Intellectual Property Office and invalidation actions before the Korean Patent Court. She has been involved in drafting patent applications; coordinating the prosecution of patent portfolios worldwide; providing legal opinions on questions of patent infringement and validity; and conducting FTO searches and analysis. She advises clients including established chemical engineering companies, biotech companies, cosmetics companies and multinational pharmaceutical companies. She also served as a patent advisor for Korean Rural Development Administration and frequently gives a lecture on Korean Patent Prosecution and IP Litigations in Korea.