홈 > 구성원 > 대표
대표 변리사 유병호
분야: 특허 출원/심판/소송, IP 컨설팅, 디자인 및 상표
- 볼공정 거래 행의/조정 중재
- 美 워싱턴大 (St. Louis) 로스쿨 (IP LL.M.)
- 美 토마스제퍼슨大 로스쿨 (J.D.)
- 고려대학교 전기공학 (석사)
- 고려대학교 산업공학 (학사)
- 변리사 ('96. 제33회)
- 美 변호사 (캘리포니아주)
- 美 특허에이전트 (미국특허청)
- 중재인 (IIPAC&美JAMS, 한국 중소벤처기업부)
- 전문가 협회 (KPAA, APAA, INTA)
- 특허법인 남&남 대표변리사 ('16~)
- 특허부문 IP Star, MIP 메거진 ('16, '17, '18)
- 중소벤처기업부 기술분쟁 조정중재위원회 ('18~)
- 삼성전자 IP센터 상무 (‘11-‘15) : 특허기술분석 그룹장 및 특허매입 그룹장
- 美 퀄컴 특허법무팀 VP (‘01-‘10) : 특허소송 및 글로벌 IP전략
- 남&남 특허사무소 전자변리사 (‘97-‘00) : 특허 출원/OA/심판
- 하이닉스(前 현대전자) 특허부 (‘95-‘96) : 특허분석 및 클레임대응
- 하이닉스(前 현대전자) SW연구소 (‘92-‘94) : 통합시스템구축 (System Integration) 개발 연구원
- Ben (officially Beyong-ho Yuu in Korean) leads the firm’s operational and qualitative excellence for clients.
- Prior to joining Nam & Nam, Ben was VP & Patent Counsel at Samsung Electronics, IP center, where he was group lead for Patent and Technology Analysis, Patent Litigation Support, e-discovery, Design Arounds, and Patent Acquisition and Collaboration. In particular, he played central roles in many high profile patent litigations including Apple v. Samsung in Korea, US (NDCA& ITC), Germany and Japan etc.; Ericsson v. Samsung in US (EDTX and ITC); and Inter Digital v. Samsung in US (ITC) as well as in litigations and patent assertions coming from numerous NPEs.
- Ben has also worked as VP & Patent Counsel for Qualcomm in San Diego, California, where he worked extensively in the IP field handling numerous patent oppositions and invalidation operations in European, Japanese, Korean, and Australian patent offices, patent litigation supports, strategic IP analysis, and patent prosecutions around the world.
- Ben started his career as a software engineer at Hynix, formerly Hyundai Electronics, in particular at the division of Information System Integration in the field of Banking, Government, Hospital, and manufacturing Industries. Interestingly, Ben started his career as a patent attorney at Nam & Nam back in 1997 up until 2000. After his 15 year IP voyage through Qualcomm and Samsung, he returned back to Nam & Nam together with greater experience as well as deeper insight.